Hail Damage Repair
Have you had a hail storm or even small dents from walnuts hitting your car?While hail storms can be entertaining watch from your living room window, it can be extremely damaging to homes, property, and vehicles. In recent years, Southwest Michigan has had several severe hail storms pass through. If your vehicle’s surface paint is still intact, we can repair your hail damage using Paintless Dent Removal techniques to visibly remove the damage. The process of navigating hail damage insurance claims can be a headache. Let us take care of it.
- Contact your insurance company to see if the hail damage repair is covered in your policy. Every insurance company handles claims differently, but most hail damage is considered a comprehensive claim and qualifies for coverage. We recommend inquiring if a rental car is included with your coverage as well.
- Call us to schedule a professional hail estimate. Every panel of your vehicle will be thoroughly evaluated under our specialized dent lighting. This evaluation will provide an accurate dent count, evaluate depth and size of each dent, and determine access points and techniques for repair.
- Tell your adjuster that Alien Car Care is your preferred service center. Most insurance companies will provide you with a list of service centers, but the insured always has free choice in picking their service center.
- We will review the estimate with your insurance company and handle the rest!
- When scheduling, allow one hour for your estimate appointment.
- Due to the time involved with hail estimates, there is a refundable estimate fee. When your repairs are completed with ACC, we will refund this fee.
- Bring your vehicle washed and clean of any exterior dirt and debri to your estimate appointment.
- Bring insurance claim and agent information
- ACC will complete your insurance claim and directly communicate the hail estimate with your insurance agent.
- After your insurance agent and the dent technician have agreed upon the estimate, ACC will contact you to schedule your repairs.
- Most hail damage is quite extensive and repairs may take one to three weeks to complete. Our technician will advise you in the length of time needed when the vehicle is evaluated in person.
- During the hail damage repair process, there are often unforeseen “roadblocks” in the original repair estimate. This may include parts that need to be removed to access dents, varying dent techniques required to achieve adequate repair,etc. These alterations in the repair plan will be discussed with your insurance company and a supplement for repairs may be requested. While ACC handles all of the communications, waiting for a supplement approval from the insurance company may delay repair time.
- Depending on the severity of your vehicle’s hail damage, there are two types of repairs that can take place on your vehicle. The preferred repair option is Paintless Dent Repair (PDR) that utilizes a variety of tools to push, pull, or massage the dents without disturbing the paint and clear coat of your vehicle. Gaining access to the dents will often require removing and reinstalling of parts such as dropping headliners, tail lights, etc. Not all dents are candidates for PDR alone and may require a more conventional body shop repair which will be discussed with you during the estimating or repair process.
- Upon completion of repairs, our technician will let you know when your vehicle is ready. Payment arrangements vary depending on each insurance company. Some insurance companies issue payment directly to their customer and some companies will issue a 2-party check to the insured and the repair center. Customers may be responsible for direct payment of their deductible if applicable. Our technicians will walk you through the payment process in the most seamless way possible.